Re: next debian stable ?

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:07:11AM +1000, Chris Kenrick wrote:
> The typical response to this is "when its done".  Debian being a non
> commercial distro doesn't tend to have fixed release dates, and doesn't
> feel the need to keep up with the Joneses in terms of release schedule,
> or version numbers for that matter.

Of course, as if "when it's done" wasn't already vague enough, Debian
also has traditionally refused to set "release goals" at all, so nobody
knows when it's done.  Basically it's "when the release manager says
so", which I don't believe is a good policy at all.

You don't need to be commercial to have goals or a timeline.

noah