Re: USB Printer Problem--Can only print one page at a time

Adam Kessel said:

> kernel: printer.c: usblp0: error -84 reading printer status
> last message repeated 2478 times

a quick search reveals that error -84 means "bad byte stream"
(assuming the source is accurate). sounds like a compadibility issue,
or perhaps a bug. you don't mention what kind of motherboard/USB
controller you have perhaps the driver doesn't like it. I got a sharp
zaurus a few weeks ago and it will not work on my laptop(even a tiny
bit of traffic causes the driver to puke). works fine on my sister's
desktop. another friend got a zaurus, and on his system the computer
freezes often when he tries to transfer data to/from it. my sister's
computer also chokes on the zaurus sometimes, but for the most part
it works. USB is hardly universal :) Linux isn't alone, someone else
I know who is a win32 guru is having to constantly reboot his
machine because of USB problems(pretty sure he runs win2000).

> Any suggestions or pointers would be much appreciated.

switch back to parallel :)

nate