Kernel 2.5 and devfsd

Hi all

I'm using Debian Unstable. Have built kernel 2.5.68 with devfs built-in and configured to mount /dev on boot, and have installed DevFSD. I also put devpts into fstab under /dev/pts.

At boot time I get lots of errors like 'FATAL: module /dev/rtc not found'.

I have been able to get rid of most of them by putting relevant kernel modules into my /etc/modules file, but surely this is unnecessary? Am I missing something else?

Mark

--
Tip of the Day: Debian Linux. Software freedom for the bold...
See www.debian.org for more information. Get hooked. I am.