Re: Nvidia driver -why so hard to install?

Hi nvidia users,

    Ron> Hmmm, the driver 1.0-4349 installed pretty darned easy on my
    Ron> system.  Just follow the directions at
    Ron> http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux

    Ron> You'll have to exit out of X, first, though.

    Ron> Just this morning, I upgraded to v1.0-4363, using
    Ron> #nvidia-installer --update

    Ron> The whole thing is no harder than typing #apt-get update &&
    Ron> apt-get upgrade

This is my experience:

        Acer TM 632 XC
        NVIDIA GeForce 2 GO 64MB

        The version 3123 of the driver works very well ( mplayer ... CPU < 1%)

        I have tried to install newer version.
        But:
                Each newer version freeze the PC when a server goes
        into sleep mode (I guess it is sleep) after a hour of waiting and
        not doing.

        So I had to find the proper version 3123.
        But I didn't find it  on the nvidia web!

        My lucky is that the drivers were stored in my old backup.

        Judge it yourself.

               :-)
--
      Jan Stavěl