Re: Anyone using Compuserve/AOL as an ISP?

It would be appreciated if you could turn your line wraps on to 72 columns.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:05:32AM -0500, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> I actually have an account with compuserve, I heard somewhere that
> AOL bought them out. (not sure how accurate that is, tho.)

H&R Block sold Compu$erve to AOL sometime around the mid to late 90s,
I want to say around 1996.

> I do think its odd that AOL wont let linux in, especially since
> there was that big hoopla sometime back where they supposedly dumped
> IE for Netscape or something else.

I remember recently seeing on linuxdevices.com something about a Linux
AOL box in the works...and AOL works on the Mozilla Project

> Let me ask you this, If I set up a network, with my windows box as
> the primary connection to compuserve, can I use my linux box to
> apt-get software?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Maybe.  Only if you can use Internet Connection Sharing in Windows
with Compuserve.

- --
 .''`.     Baloo Ursidae <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user