Re: Anyone using Compuserve/AOL as an ISP?

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:08:25 -0500
"Wathen, Metherion" <MWathen@bsalifestructures.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> for a couple of weeks now I've been trying to get my linux box hooked up
> to the internet, I finally figured out that I have to type pon Compuserve
> to actually get my modem started/activated, then type wvdial to get my
> system to dial out. However, I get an error message that says invalid
> name/password configuration; I put the name/password that compuserve gave
> me in both pppconfig and wvdial.conf.

Can't get there from here.

It isn't possible to use Linux with a Compuserve/AOL account. The AOL login
protocol is proprietary, and AOL will not publish the information to allow
programmers to write a login program for Linux.

It is possible to use Linux with a "Compuserve Classic" account. I'm not
sure if it's possible to change your account from AOL to Classic.

Kevin