Re: Nvidia driver -why so hard to install?

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 15:45, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote
[...snip...]

> I didn't had to compile modules, kernels and all that stuff - it just works.
> It's using kernel 2.4.20, maybe is that te problem in debian ( I don't know
> how to do a kernel upgrade ). I don't like SuSE (too much wizards), but it's
> easy to use nvidia cards - and I like that
>
> But why is it in SuSE 8.1 easy and painless but so hard in debian woody?

My guess is that it was released after Nvidia dropped the restrictions
on providing binary distributions of their drivers, hopefully the same
support will be available for Debian soon.

--

Jon Wood

jon@jellybob.co.uk
www.godaintpants.co.uk/users/Jellybob