Re: Switched from ext2 to ext3...no fsck needed after crash?

    "Willem-Jan" == Willem-Jan Meijer <meyer3@chello.nl> writes:

    Willem-Jan> When I do mount I see /dev/hda1 is mounted as ext3.  I
    Willem-Jan> just want to be sure...when I get a crash and the
    Willem-Jan> computer resets itself...I don't have to do a forced
    Willem-Jan> fsck?

You don't have to do an fsck after a crash. After a crash the journal
is recovered, so your file system will be consistent. However, read
'man mount' carefully for the ext3 'data' options: be aware that no
one is saying 'your files will not be tainted by a crash.'

Cheers!
Shyamal