Re: Xemacs and Chinese input

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:53:56 +0000
Petr Simon <debian@klubko.net> wrote:

> Nope,  doesn't work. I still CAN view and input chinese, but only the
> first character. arrow keys don't work and only move cursor. Please help
> me someone. I have been playing with Xemacs just two days I have already
> beacame addicted ;-). I have to input lot of abnormal characters, like
> Chinese and IPA and thats really painful in any other editor i know (MS
> Word, KWord, Opennoffice ...)
> Thanks a lot
> Petr

If I understand your question correctly...

To select a character from the line of 10 characters that displays on the
bottom of the screen, select the number of the character
(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0). Of course, this only gives you a choice of 10
characters, so to see the next 10 characters, use C-n (ctrl-n for "next"),
or to go back to the previous line, C-p (ctrl-p for "previous").

I don't know which input method you are using. I use chinese-py-b5 (Chinese
Pinyin Big5), but I think the system mentioned above works for most of the
input methods.

regards,
Robert