Re: pilot-link in Sid and Sarge: Much bigger question

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:27:57PM -0500, David Krider wrote:
> I know, I know. I've heard lots of people talk about how great it is,
> but, as far as I know, the bitmapped fonts under KDE in Sid are still
> messed up, and that's a show stopper for me.

Hopefully this will be resolved eventually or else it will probably bite
the other distributions you run. It appears it is a fontconfig 2.2
bug/feature of some sort. It seems to refuse to even cache many bitmap
fonts. Also, Qt currently has a bug that allows it to still see fonts
that XF86Config-4 knows about but it can't use them, so you may see some
strange font substitutions. The new Qt can't go into sid yet due to some
dlopen bug in glibc 2.3.1, so it is having to wait on glibc 2.3.2 to be
uploaded first.  If you just use truetype fonts instead though it should
work fine.

Chris