Getting there

Some of you may remember that I was planning to migrate some servers from RH
to Debian.

Well, I haven't had time to do as much of this as I would have liked, but
I've now got one box as a firewall, and one as a DNS slave, and everything
is cool.  I am floored by apt-get and the general fact that a minimal
install is just that.

I am floored in a different way by the different ways of configuring
things - but I'm getting used to it, and dare I say it, liking it a lot...
:-)  I've even abandoned my plan to use tcsh after seeing how good bash
completion has become since I last tried it (a good three years ago).

So, I'd like to get a little more involved in Debian.  Snag is, I don't have
an awful lot of spare time.  With this in mind, what can I do to help the
project?  I'd volunteer to maintain a package, but I had a look at the HOWTO
and it seems like a _lot_ of work...  Is this the case or does it look more
complicated than it is?