Re: ext3: 100% full; after moving 3GB still full

* nate <debian-user@aphroland.org> [2003-04-25 02:15]:
> Lukas Ruf said:
>
> > The problem of getting back could be solved: a process was still
> > holding an open fd on a file with about 2.9GB.  However, the problem why a
> > user can fill up the whole partition scares me.
>
> thats what quotas are intended to prevent :)

this I know.  Thanks!

The problem with quotas is that you usually over-book your disk, i.e.
if all users run up to the max of their quota, it gets full anyway.

> that and at least in ext2 the reserved blocks feature, not sure if
> other filesystems have it or not.

Can I make use of the tune2fs to
1. re-create the journal
2. set the reserved blocks also for ext3

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |