Re: KDE - time displaying wrong

(24/04/03 16:15) Josh Metzler:

> > Today, everything is still working great, except for the clock. At
> > this moment, it displays 4:56, but I live in Western Europe, so that
> > should be 10:56 :-) When I right-click and choose to adjust date &
> > time, it states that the current time zone is EDT. Right underneath,
> > it offers me the possibility to change that, by choosing my area.
> >
> > When I do so, the time zone correctly switches to CEST, and the
> > clock displays the correct time. After a couple of seconds, however,
> > it switches back to another time zone. Not necessarily EDT, it's
> > more of a random switch (right now, it chooses MAWT; 14:56).
>
> The "Show Timezone" option is just that - it is a feature to allow you to
> temporarily? display the time in some other time zone.  To change what KDE
> thinks is your time zone (from EDT to CEST), you need to go to "Adjust Date &
> Time..."  Here you have the option to change your time zone.

That was exactly my problem :-) Every time I changed my time zone
(in KDE, that is), it was changed into some random other time zone
after some seconds. This weird behavior has however stopped on
itself.

So never mind, and thanks for your reply,
Tom

--
http://%77%77%77%2E%61%62%77%61%65%72%74%73%2E%62%65%2F/
ICQ 303884489