Re: KDE - time displaying wrong

On April 24, 2003 03:30 pm, Tom wrote:
> (24/04/03 16:15) Josh Metzler:
> > > Today, everything is still working great, except for the clock.
> > > At this moment, it displays 4:56, but I live in Western Europe,
> > > so that should be 10:56 :-) When I right-click and choose to
> > > adjust date & time, it states that the current time zone is
> > > EDT. Right underneath, it offers me the possibility to change
> > > that, by choosing my area.
> > >
> > > When I do so, the time zone correctly switches to CEST, and the
> > > clock displays the correct time. After a couple of seconds,
> > > however, it switches back to another time zone. Not necessarily
> > > EDT, it's more of a random switch (right now, it chooses MAWT;
> > > 14:56).
> >
> > The "Show Timezone" option is just that - it is a feature to
> > allow you to temporarily? display the time in some other time
> > zone.  To change what KDE thinks is your time zone (from EDT to
> > CEST), you need to go to "Adjust Date & Time..."  Here you have
> > the option to change your time zone.
>
> That was exactly my problem :-) Every time I changed my time zone
> (in KDE, that is), it was changed into some random other time zone
> after some seconds. This weird behavior has however stopped on
> itself.
>
> So never mind, and thanks for your reply,
> Tom

I actually had the same problem.  It took me about 5 tries to change
the time from the KDE control panel.  The first time my screen went
black for about 10 seconds and I thought I'd crashed my box :)..
After that it would just set itself to random timezones...  I just
kept on trying it until it stuck to the right time.  Looks like this
is a KDE bug....

leo