Re: make-kpkg isn't making bzImage

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:20:17AM -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:

> > > Why do you believe no bzImage is being made when you use make-kpkg?
> >
> > because it's not in the /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot directory where it
> > normally is (or whatever the directory is).

> By default make-kpkg does clean after the kernel-image .deb is built, so
> bzImage is deleted from the kernel source tree.

That's right. And if that disagrees with your preferences as it happens
to do with mine, you can set it up so a preferences file (`man
make-kpkg' to see where it is looked for) turns off that auto-clean. But
then, of course, do NOT forget to run a `make-kpkg clean' yourself
before your next kernel rebuild ... .

--
Find my GnuPG public key on better keyservers everywhere ;-)
GnuPG public key fingerprint:  BD26 A5D8 D781 C96B 9936  310F 0573 A3D9 4E24 4EA6