Re: Fwd: Don't spam me!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 14:06, martin f krafft wrote:
> I received this message, and it's not the first of it's kind. Is
> this a new way to confirm email addresses, or is this legit? I am
> not aware of any spamming, and I certainly have closed relays...
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Fabio Pedrazzoli <fpedrazzoli@bee-side.com> -----
>
> From: Fabio Pedrazzoli <fpedrazzoli@bee-side.com>
> To: madduck@debian.org
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:37:46 -0700
> Subject: Don't spam me!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Do not spam me any more or I will spam you, you've been warned.
[snip]

If you are sure you don't have an open relay, I suggest you send him an
email from himself and tell him he should not trust the "From" field in
emails and that a little googling should give him instructions on how to
determine the true sender from smtp headers and that it might prevent
him from being an ass to (I presume) a complete stranger in the future.

*whew* how's that for a one sentence answer? ;-)

-Mark