Re: Newbie Installation Problem

Chris Share said:

> I'm using XFree86 version 4.1.0.1 (I think!)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would reccomend downloading the nvidia drivers for best
performance, they work fine for me in debian 3.0 on 2.2.19
(haven't tried 2.4.x kernels on my nvidia but I'm sure it'd
work)

the packages:
nvidia-glx-src - NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver
nvidia-kernel-src - NVIDIA binary kernel module

you'll probably need the kernel-source package for your
kernel(uname -r)

after installing both nvidia packages try running 'startx' and
see what it says.

http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/XF86Config-4

thats my XF86Config-4 for my nvidia geforce3, configured for
my 19" monitor in 1600x1200.

nate