Re: Persistent annoying fetchmail bug. Dump fetchmail? Need advice.

Chris Metzler <cmetzler@speakeasy.net> writes:

> So, are there any other packages which provide the same functionality
> as fetchmail which anyone here has used and would recommend?  I've
> had good experiences with fetchmail up to this point, but this is
> just too annoying for words.

Ouch. I'm not familiar with anything else.

I'd suggest a couple of temporary workarounds until the bug is fixed:

1. Ask the guy nicely to remove the dot, or to use several, or to put a
   space in front of it.

2. If you have access to your POP/IMAP server, use .procmail to escape
   the lone dots. The procmail recipe I leave as an exercise for the
   reader.