Missed something setting up second nic

I took my 3com 3c905 nic out when I installed Woody. Tried it in another box. I'm presently trying to get it reinstalled in my Woody install but can't get it to register in the network. First off this is going in alongside a KTI ne2k-pci compat nic. The kti nic is working fine in eth0. And I'm using linuxconf to setup the nics. But when I set the 3com nic up it won't go. I have the box connected to a win95 machine through Samba and it connects fine through the kti nic on eth0 but the 3com won't register in eth1 or eth0. Also my Woody machine is a dual boot with my old Mandrake 8.2 install (on hda2) Now in Mandy I run linuxconf and setup the kti nic in eth0 and the 3com in eth1 and it works fine. I can connect to both eth0 or eth1 when I have the address set in the WIn95 box, so I know the card works. And in Woody, when I bring up the KDE control panel and bring up the pci information it lists the 3com nic as well as my kti nic and my sb16 pci and my agp ATI Rage II. So it is there. So what Am I missing? When I type route -n it only lists the kti nic route. It is also listed by lspci. So I know it's there. So it must be a configuration issue. But for the life of me I can't think what I'm missing. I know it works fine in Mandy and I'm sure I had this setup once upon a time when I first setup Woody, but can't remember what was different. I'll keep plugging away at this but would like some objective ideas or places to check.