Re: Interval mail checking & DialUp

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 10:57, Jernej Zidar wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I would like to setup Woody box to be able to check the mail regularly. How
> do I do it?
> Exim, Fetchmail, Procmail have already been setup correcectly. What else do
> I need?
>
> The main idea is: dialup my ISP -> Download mail(if any) -> Process it ->
> disconnect from ISP

#!/bin/sh
#
# set the $PATH environment variable to something useful
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
# initiate dialup connection
pon
# sleep for 60 seconds to allow time for the dialup to negotiate
sleep 60
# start up fetchmail
fetchmail -f /path/to/fetchmailrc
# disconnect
poff

Something simple like that should get you by.  You may want to
look into fetchmail's configuration file, or pass a command-line
option to tell it to not go into daemon mode.

The above will simply dial up, wait a minute, start fetchmail,
then disconnect when fetchmail is done.  I haven't tested it,
but as simple as it is, it should work.  :)

j.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis   <jeremy@gaddis.org>   <http://www.gaddis.org>