Re: moving from RH to Debian - one glitch

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:04:49 -0700
"Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers@pe.net> wrote:

> I'm in the process of moving from RedHat to Debian. Finally.
>
> I got most things working, all but [I think] one or two items.
>
> The first is my mouse. It's attached to port 1, /dev/ttyS1. And "dmesg
> | grep tty" shows;
>
> ttyS01 at 0x02f8
> ttyS03 at 0x02e8
>
> I've tried removing /dev/mouse, and linking to /dev/ttyS1, ttyS01,
> with not luck. I know I'm missing something, but not sure what.
>
> Any tips or pointers?
>
> Thanks

Man I hate answering my own question(s).

The solution? to edit, many times, the /etc/X11/XF86Config file, to
match what gpmconfig was telling me. It now works.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759