Re: Openoffice installation problem

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 23:06, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 07:40, Carlos wrote:
> > I forgot to say that i use Woody, KDE 3.1 and i'm trying to install
> > openoffice 1.0.2
>
> Why don't you use apt and debian's binaries then? Any special reason?

openoffice.org is only available on unstable afaik. If you dont want to
install it from unstable.

Your error message means that root does not have access to open windows.
Why dont you try googling for the error message.

a quick and dirty way to resolve this problem is to run

xhost +

as the original user, then su, then run setup.

This is not recommended though since it has a lot of (in)security
implications.

There are better ways of doing thing which others can tell you or you
can find out about.

HTH,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com