Re: Openoffice installation problem

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 10:13:58AM -0500, Donald Spoon wrote:
> sdownes wrote:
> >There seems to be a problem with openoffice at the moment. My apt-update
> >has been trying & failing to upgrade from 1.01 for several weeks now but
> >says broken. I haven't pursued it as 1.01 has continued to work for me I'm
> >afraid
> >
> >Steve
> >

> I have been using OO.org from Debian "unstable" for several months
> now... since it appeared there.  I currently have 1.0.3 installed from
> those debs without any problems.  The most recent upgrade to 1.0.3 was
> about a week ago and went smoothly.  Dunno exactly what your problem is,
> but if you haven't tried the debs from "unstable" you might give it a try.

Hmm, it could be a libfreetype conflict.  Steve, check that you do not have
libfreetype6 from testing(Sarge) or unstable installed - this is problematic
and we deliberately do not let openoffice install with that version.  In
early 1.0.1 versions we did not use the Debian freetype so the tight
dependency did not exist.

If you installed the Gnome 2 Woody backport you will need to manually
downgrade - the dependency has only been removed recently.

Chris