Re: [Help] How should i FORCE umount NFS-server directory??

axacheng said:
> Hello  :
>
> Could u tell me how should i FORCEFULLY umount NFS-server directory  from
> NFS-client ???

umount -f

is the official way, chances are it won't work either. having a NFS
server die is one of the bad things about NFS. most NFS clients don't
behave very well when it happens, in many cases the only workaround
is to reboot the client.

though since you mounted soft it should fail gracefully and I'd expect
you to be able to umount it. rather then hard which it endlessly retries
to connect to the server.

good luck.

nate