Re: Running SpamAssassin on an old Pentium

Depends on what the 80% is of, 80 e-mails out of 100 isn't all that bad but
800 out of 1000 would be to much.  It also depends on respomse time, if you
want the e-mails to be sorted by spamassassin and ready the next minute then
I wouldn't, if you can wait a bit longer then I would.

Personally I wouldn't run spamassassin on a P133, I would look for a P2 333.
That's assuming that I would want the e-mails sorted within a minute.

When I recently reinstalled my server I didn't download any e-mails from my
pop server at my ISP until I had installed spamassassin, when I did it
downloaded over 100 e-mails and then took quite a while sort them.  This is
on a 1MHz processor with 32MB RAM (should have been 128MB but due to hardware
conflicts...).  That's why my personal answer would be not to run
spamassassin on the current specs.

Craig