Re: KT400 VT8235 OK?

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 21:49, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Sounds pretty much like the one I've got, a Gigabyte 7VAX or something
> like that. Sound was a pain but is now working; ethernet and USB worked
> fine immediately; haven't tried to make the sensors (temperature, RPM,
> etc.) work so can't speak to that.
>
> ap

> Andrew J Perrin - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
> Assistant Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
> clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu

If you get that sensors workings, please let me know. I have trouble
with the 7VA-C( supposedly part of the same family excluding the KT400
and incl. KT333A. I have found the following on sensers if this can
help.
The VA[C/X/XP] all uses the SIS950/ITE8705F chip as sensor chip and the
LM90[remote] as CPU sensor. I found this from a reference from
http://www.lm-sensors.nu/ .I am not sure what the LM90[remote] means,
but the motherboard chip seems to work. Motherboard temps is good, but a
constant +88 C is not too correct for my CPU... The CPU fan is picked up
but not the extra fan in the box.

Regards
Tinus