Re: your mail

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 01:22:50PM +0100, vicente.ferrando wrote:
[please wrap your lines at ~72 characters]
>   I was using a partiton formated reiserfs for /var and /etc. And I was
> happy with it. So I decided making the whole root filesystem reiserfs.
>
>   I moved ther rest of my directories to that partition (/bin, /sbin,
> /usr,?). Modified /etc/fstab to mount the new partition on / as
> reiserfs. Changed root in lilo.conf and ejecuted lilo.

Could you please go into a little more detail about the steps you used
and your partitioning scheme?

>   Obiously I?m missing something cause when I try to boot I read a line
> ?VFS:Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly.? Apparently the
> filesystem has been mounted. But the following messages go next:
>
>   Warning: Unable to open initial console
>   Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
>
>   I?ver tried with init=/bin/bash but nothing changes. Someone knows
> where the problem could be?

It looks like you kept the same partition as root, and set the correct
filesystem type, but nothing was copied back onto the partition after
the mkfs.reiserfs.  Have you a boot floppy or rescue disk with reiserfs
capabilities?

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com