inconsistent font availability

Hi All,

I have this strange problem with fonts on my machine. Different apps
seem to report different sets of fonts.

Anjuta (Gnome based app) reports a list of fonts which believe to be
correct. However, gnome-terminal (gnome2 app) seems to list a set of
fonts which are mostly nowhere else and Konsole lists only a dozen
fonts.

At first I though the Konsole thing might be something to do with kde
but Krusader and Konquerer seem to show the list of fonts similar to the
one in Anjuta.

Openoffice also displays only around a dozen fonts.

I am hoping that this is not because I am using a testing / unstable
workstation with remote woody xfs-xtt server.

Anybody have any thoughts as to how I might be able to resolve this ?

Regards,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com