apt-get libwxgtk2.4-python problem

When I try to apt-get libwxgtk2.4-python I get this message:

  libwxgtk2.4-python: Depends: python (>= 2.2)

However 'dpkg -l python2.[23]' gives:

ii  python2.2      2.2.1-6        An interactive object-oriented scripting lan
ii  python2.3      2.2.93-1exp1   An interactive object-oriented scripting lan

Does the fact that my default 'python' is still 2.1 make a difference?

--
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out things