Re: Users ready for Debian on the Desktop

>  * If technology-related, does the development staff have the skills
> necessary to leverage the new technology (i.e., if it's based on COM/VB
> it probably won't get adopted in a Java shop, and vice-versa).

Well Java is cross platform, the other two are designed to lock people into a
monopoly.

<JOKE>
It is quite obvious that you are in need of "political reeducation."

Perhaps this snippet from a Microsoft press release will help put things in perspective:

"Our industry is one of rapid innovation and strong competition. Microsoft believes that competition is good for Java developers, consumers, and for the Java programming language. As described in recently released court transcripts, Sun's intent has become very clear. Sun is trying to use Java to "kill Windows" and other operating systems with a layer that is under their control. Since Sun has been unable to accomplish this goal by competing in the marketplace, it has chosen to litigate rather than innovate."

Clearly MS are the good guys. Those evil people at Sun are trying to lock people into using one product under their control. Because MS stands for innovation and competition and would never try to lock their customers in, they must eradicate this threat to their closely held principles.

More information can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/java/10-21pmletter.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/java/
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/news/jre.asp

Please report to your local MS subsidiary office for re-indoctrination.
</JOKE>

-Roberto