Re: Users ready for Debian on the Desktop

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 15:42, bob parker wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 04:53, bob parker wrote:
>
> >  It is as easy to use or easier than Windows. I do volunteer work as a
> > trainer for recipients of refurbished dontated older computers. These
> > recipients are financially disadvantaged, quite often refugees to AU [1]
> > and/or people with various degrees of mental disability. With few
> > exceptions they can learn to use one of the several word processors
> > available, export it as Msword format when required., connect to the
> > internet, and so on.
> >
> Oops, forgot the footnote :-(
>
> Bob
>
> [1] Once upon a time here in dot au, we did not have a fascist government, so
> we have migrants here who arrived as refugees and who do not reside in our
> jails.

Once upon a time there in dot au, the continent's immigrants were there
as a penal colony. Maybe the government just sees it as tradition. ;)

Down Under
An Englishman is flying off for a visit to Australia. As the plane gets
ready to land, the cabin attendant hands out information cards.

The man carefully goes through the standard questions -- name,
nationality, passport number, etc. -- but he seems to puzzle over one
item: "Have you ever been imprisoned?"

After thinking it over for some time, he writes: "I didn't know it was
still a requirement."
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org