CVS Login problem

I just recently (and finally) upgraded all of the packages along with
the libc6 package. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working
just fine, except for my CVS. I checked and double checked the settings
and nothing from what I can tell has been changed.

However, whenever I try to do anything (co, add, update, the works) I
get the following error:

$ cvs co home
Fatal error, aborting.
9`TKÿû,9`XKÿû$9`\Kÿû9``Kÿû9`dKÿû
                                9`hKÿû9`lKÿúüKÝ]˜Kÿúô: no such user

I checked the passwd file in the CVSROOT and there were no changes made.
Any ideas? I am using Debian Testing/Sarge.
--
:wq!

  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org