Re: "Good" ftp server

Hall Stevenson wrote:

A friend is trying to migrate his "server" from Windows to linux and
needs an FTP server. I don't know which one to recommend to him
though...

Any comments or opinions ?? I see bsd-ftpd, which I imagine is probably
a pretty good one security-wise. I also see good, ole wu-ftpd. He's not
interested in anonymous logins, by the way.

Regards
Hall

Another option that is lean, mean, and very secure is vsftpd. Used by RedHat, Openbsd, and SuSE for high throughput and security for their d/l sites.

vsftpd.beasts.org

Monte