Re: xfstt superfluous?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:39:30PM -0800, David Wright wrote:
> In an attempt to fix ugly fonts in gtk1.2 apps, I just added
> /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType to the xfs configuration file
> /etc/X11/fs/config, and it worked! Does this mean that xfs can serve
> both PS and TT, making xfstt completely unnecessary?

Well, yeah.  Even more useful, though, is that X itself can use TT
fonts, so a font server is completely unneccessary unless you're
sharing to multple systems :)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?