Re: XFree86Setup is gone???

[Please don't top quote!  It makes your message harder to read,
especially in long threads.]

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 09:22:54AM -0800, adit y wrote:
> Hi,
> All i did to configure X is
> # xf86cfg
> after it loaded i just quit and let it save the config
> files and everything was automatically configured
> correctly video card/keyboard/mouse. it that doesn't
> work then use xf86config
> thanks
> Srinivas
>
> --- Xucaen <xucaen@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi all, I used to use XFree86Setup to make
> > changes to my system. I loved it! all in one shot
> > I could change my vid card, monitor, resolution,
> > mouse and keyboard. I upgraded to woody 3.0 r1
> > and now it's gone! How do I get it back or is
> > there a new utility that does the same?

Go with the Debian way:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Or, for the lazy:

apt-get install discover mdetect read-edid
dpkg -P --force-depends xserver-xfree86 xfree86-common
apt-get install xserver-xfree86 xfree86-common

Which should autodetect most everything.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?