Re: Bash autocompletion

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:37:59 +0200
Michael Naumann <michael.n@strux.net> wrote:

> One might think so and in fact some on this list were on your line.
> But this underestimating the power and flexibility of bash.
> As Lucien Saviot pointed out, it was simply a bug in /etc/bash_completion
> that comes with woody.
> Installing a newer version from http://www.caliban.org/bash/index.shtml
> solved the problem.

Thanks for letting me know about that. I don't understand how that would
make the difference, so I'll look into it.

> No, it does not, since the completion code for xmms does not expect the
> extension .mp2 and thus ignores/skips these files.

I went into etc/bash_completion and commented the entire line for xmms. I
was able to use tab completion for the filenames, as I had suggested:

xmms /path/to/mp3/a_few_letters<tab>

and completion worked just fine.

I'm glad you fixed your problem. I need to look more into completion.

Kevin