Dependency problem and apt-get

Libaspell is optional for Bluefish according to the Bluefish home page.
It certainly runs fine without it, which must be some sort of definition
of 'optional'.

However the Debian unstable package won't install properly without
libaspell15, which is regarded as a dependency.  I'm not sure how
dependencies are defined in debian.  Is this a bug that I should report?

Also, when I do apt-get upgrade, I get :
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  bluefish: Depends: libaspell15 but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

How do I get rid of this without installing libaspell15?  I don't really
understand the man page apt-get entry (e.g. "Any Package that are
specified must completly correct the problem") and it doesn't explain
whether -f fixes the dependecy by forcing an installation of bluefish
without libaspell, or whether it fixes it by simply installing libaspell
as well.

Also, I'm not clear whether getting the above apt error means that the
upgrade of other urelated packages is aborted until this is fixed, or
whether there just happened to be no other packages for upgrading at that
moment.

Thanks.

- Richard.
--