dhclient DOES work

I have spent a week trying to work out why my debian potato PC will not connect to my network. I moved from the dhcpcd to dhclient and still had no luck.

Last night I installed a new graphics card and what do you know, my network connection suddenly appeared :-))

Only wish I'd fitted the graphics card a week earlier ;-))

Thanks to everyone who chipped in with suggestions. I'm still going ahead with the Woody upgrade (if I dare). Now got to get my head around file shares and samba - I love it!

       Alan Lakin
Wallington, Surrey