Update questions

Greetings to all:

I was wondering if there is a way, using apt-get, to upgrade just single package, not the whole a dist at a time.

Second, I have been trying to upgrade my kernel from 2.4.18 to 2.4.20, I have ussue several times apt-get dist-upgrade but it does not install the new kernel. Is there a line in my source list that I need to add in order to get the new kernel? if it so, can anyone kinldy let me know which one is?.

That's all for the moment, any help will be appretiated,
Have a nice evening,
Didier.

"Nothing would please me more than being able to hire ten programmers and deluge the hoby market with good software"...Bill Gates 1976...We're still waiting