Re: xcdroast coasters

Pigeon wrote:
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:17:28AM -0400, tallison@tacocat.net wrote:

Someone on Debian-User pointed out that my drive doesn't support DAO mode,
which I was specifying.  I will try that and then look into shopping.

As for the price...  Local stores arent much better than $100 from my
quick walk-through last night.

This is a bad week.  Right after I failed on another CD-burn, my KVM died!
grr..

If I clean up this DAO error and it still doesn't fly, then I'll probably
junk it for something else.  But I was under the impression that Ricoh
didn't make really crappy drives.  At least not when I bought it (four
years ago?).

I don't think they're as good at making computer stuff as they are at
photographic equipment. There was some other class of peripheral where
I remember people having problems with Ricoh's product, a few years
ago - think it might have been laser printers.

Good luck!

Pigeon

I'm feeling depressed!

I changed the settings to TAO and running the exact same image to copy.

Exact same problem.

I'll try going to the xcdroast pages, but I'm thinking that I am in the market for a new CD-R. But considering the prices, I might have to jump to a DVD burner.

--
The older I grow, the less important the comma becomes.  Let the reader
catch his own breath.