Re: Please reply to me directly

Theresa Gardner said:
> I am currently running GNU bash, version
> 2.05b.0(1)-release (i386-pc-linux-gnu).

not sure what this has to do with your problem ??

> Is there anyone who has run into this problem before
> and could help me with it?
> I've tried asking squirrelmail, but they say it's not
> their problem and I should consult a debian list serv
> so here I am.

would be helpful if you included more info, as in what happens
when you try to connect, can you get the SM login screen?
a common problem with SM is when attempting to login you
get a message "Must be logged in to access this page". Do
you get that? Or can you connect at all? If not is apache
running? Check /var/log/apache/error.log and/or
/var/log/apache-ssl/error.log depending on what version of
apache your using(I use apache-ssl rather then mod_ssl with
my SM installations).

what version of debian? from your version of bash it would
appear to be newer then the stable distribution(3.0), what
is in /etc/apt/sources.list? that can give a hint to if it's
running testing or unstable.

run dpkg -l | grep squirr

to see if squirrelmail is installed via a debian package or
standalone.

nate