Re: xcdroast coasters

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Tom Allison wrote:

> Driver flags   : MMC SWABAUDIO
> Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R

Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R

This is from my LiteON 48x12x48, which works flawlessly with -dao.

I'd go buy a Liteon which will have burnfree, which your drive doesn't
appear to have, this should help any computer-is-not-fast-enough problems.

CD burners do go bad, I've got a pair of 8x panasonic's in my drawer here
that won't burn cd's but read cd's "fine", and threw out the 4x scsi
yamaha that burned out before i went through the 8x panasonic, and my
scsi Hp6020i sits at home, dead.  My 4x burner still works, replaced it
with a 32x LiteOn because my grey hairs were growing too fast while
burning.

The HP6020i was $500 back in 97, nowadays good burners are $20-25, it
might be easiest to just buy a new one.

Mike