Re: netiquette on other lists

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 14:31, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 02:05:34PM +0100, Hugh Saunders wrote:
>
> > I have, on various non tech related lists. The best technique seems to
> > be to quote the Terms of use for the list -he who maintains it can set
> > the rules and has the right to remove anyone who doesnt abide by them.
> >
> > People can argue you with, but they cant argue with the rules.
>
> Hmm, I maintain the list, but I think it would not be approriate to be
> the BOFH and throw them off the list.

If they do not follow the rules, and you have warned them twice, boot
them. If they claim to have learnt their lesson, let them back in.

Also, you could just mention that you will ignore all their requests for
help unless they follow the rules.

Another thing you could do is bounce messages that are blatantly
non-conformant and blame it on the server.

HTH,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com