Re: netiquette on other lists

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:38:29PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
<snip>
> I made it my point from teaching them to quote below, don't use html,
> and don't send spam to the list.  But the more times I ask the poster
> the more rude answers I get.  I try to explain why it is better not to
> post in html, why it is better not to quote at the top, why it is bad
> to reply a random thread and change the subject.
<snip>
> Have any of you had the same experience?
I have, on various non tech related lists. The best technique seems to
be to quote the Terms of use for the list -he who maintains it can set
the rules and has the right to remove anyone who doesnt abide by them.

People can argue you with, but they cant argue with the rules.

--
Hugh Saunders [GCv3.12] GCS d- s: a--- C+++ UL++>$ P+ L+++ E--- W-- N++
K- w-- M- V? PS-- Y PGP- t-- !5 X- R- tv-() b- DI+ D- G++ e- h++ r z?