Re: xcdroast coasters

Hi Tom!

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Tom Allison wrote:

> nate wrote:
> >>I've heard a lot of good things about xcdroast.
> >>But I have never EVER made anything but coasters with this one.  However,
> >>it did work in Windows and it can burn very small ISO's (gentoo
> >>installation CD).
> >

> >is your drive a SCSI drive or IDE using ide-scsi? I've only used
> >SCSI drives, perhaps ide is different. Also XCDRoast is only a frontend
> >to cdrecord, which most linux apps use for burning cds, if you get coasters
> >in XCDroast chances are good you'll get them in other apps too. what
> >kind of CD-R media are you using?
> >

> Memorex CD-write media 800MB

You may want to try using fujifilm CD's or something else.  I was
having big problems with Memorex CD's.  I was constantly getting the
same errors and burning coasters with them.

Just a thought.

--
"Now that I have my "APPLE", I comprehend COST ACCOUNTING!!" --Zippy
the Pinhead

--
B. L. Jilek        |      GPG keys on my website -->      | Linux user: 163800
<bljilek@yahoo.com>| http://crowbyte.dnsalias.com/~tcrow/ | ICQ: 83785391