Re: Neighbour table overflow

On 15 Apr 2003, Michael S Daines wrote:

> I get a lot of these messages, saying "Neighbour table overflow"
> during boot.  They don't seem to do anything horrific, since
> everything is (was, my fault) working fine as far as I can tell.  Can
> someone explain the nature of this error message, and point me in a
> direction on how I might be able to eliminate them?  I'm running Woody
> (r0) on a Dell laptop.

> Thanx,
> msd

I had this once after installing Debian. I seem to remember that I
traced it to an absent /etc/network/interfaces.  Mine has:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
 	address 127.0.0.1
	netmask 255.0.0.0
	network 127.0.0.0
	broadcast 127.0.0.255
	gateway 127.0.0.1

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic