Re: Sid and make xconfig problems

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:57:02PM +0000, Danilo Raineri wrote:
> Hi, I am a Linux newbie runnning Sid.

Bad idea. Really bad idea. Sid is not suitable for "newbies".

> : $ make xconfig
> : collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

Guess we can safely ignore that segmentation fault. Or can't we?

http://bugs.debian.org/ is your friend. Especially
> Is there something important I am missing?

> I would also appreciate an rtfm-style answer, if you could kindly point me
> to the right manuals... :-)

Read it, install a stable system. You can always upgrade later to Sid
when you learned the necessary basics and are able to deal with the
breakages Sid comes with.

Stephen Rüger

Man verdirbt einen Jüngling am sichersten, wenn man ihn verleitet, den
Gleichdenkenden höher zu achten als den Andersdenkenden.
-- Nietzsche