What package contains XFree86?

I'm a new user to Debian GNU/Linux and Linux in general.

I had a problem starting X for the first time with a new installation

Here's the error:

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M

        This should not happen!
        An unresolved function was called!

Fatal server error:

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".
Please report problems to submit@bugs.debian.org.

I followed the instructions and reported the problem to submit@bugs.debian.org.

Unfortunately, the report was not accepted because I had not submitted a package name in a
psuedo-header in my report.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would tell me what's the package name for X and how do
it determine it's version number?

-- Scott