Re: vim, tabs, and copying text

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 01:41:35AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
[...]
| > I also get this when copying from other programs into VIM. Any ideas?
|
| My preferred solution:
|
|     :r!cat
|     <paste text>
|     ^D

Cute.

| This doesn't require two mode changes (insert/command, paste/nopaste)
| for pase ops.

Just in case you (or someone else) is interested, I got this from
somewhere on the 'net :

" paste control
map  <F10> :set paste<CR>
map  <F11> :set nopaste<CR>
imap <F10> <C-O>:set paste<CR>
imap <F11> <nop>
set pastetoggle=<F11>

This only requires 1 keypress to switch back and forth (regardless of
whether you're currently in insert or normal mode).

-D

--
"...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread."

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/