Re: Wagner: "Actions speak louder than words:They're saying 'Linux Sucks'"

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 12:19:52PM -0400, Mike M wrote:
> I participated in the ISO900x certification of a company I once worked for.
> The description above describes that experience.  The certification project
> managers told us that we didn't have to fix any problems, we just had to
> document our process.  So we ended up with an ISO 900x certification.  Not a
> good process, but a certified process.

Yep - I did the same - all we basically had to do was write down what
we already did.

I later worked for another company which had done the same thing,
written down their existing procedures for ISO900x and thereby set
them in stone. People were coming along and following procedures that
in some cases were frankly wrong, but not questioning them because
they were part of the ISO certification, so they must be right.

(Did anyone else, before reading the article, think that its author
had seen "OT: FLAME: Linux Sucks" on this list?)

Pigeon